Mini Cameras for Film & TV
The term ‘mincams’ covers a multitude of models and sizes each with their own benefits and drawbacks. When a full size camera for Film, TV or Documentary just isn’t practical due to size or weight then we employ a minicam. How you choose what’s best is most easily determined by what it’s trying to replace. For example our Flare 4k Sdi’s from iO Industries wouldn’t be considered ‘mini’ by most, measuring 90x90mm and weighing nearly a kilo without a lens, but it’s capable of replacing some of the best movie cameras on the market, shooting RAW 4k in a nearly indestructible package, ideal for stunt and VFX work.
At the other end of the spectrum, the Marshall CV series of cameras are tiny, lightweight, easily concealed and capable of impressive HD image capture, automatically, in variable light conditions. There are many other variants between these extremes that we can supply here at Black Flag TV Ltd, from GoPro to Osmo, each with plusses and minuses, if battery power and recording time on a GoPro is an issue we can make a package that’ll record for 8 or even 24hrs uninterrupted. Give us a call or email today and discuss your needs with experienced minicam experts.
Flare 4k sdi
Our Flagship cinema minicam. With PL Mount or active EF mount options the Flare 4k is an ideal solution when quality cannot be compromised. A super 35mm global shutter CMOS sensor gives 12 stops of dynamic range and no bulky external CCU is required. The camera is compatible with standard RCP controllers or the included hand held remote via OSD. When combined with a 4k Field recorder like the Odyssey 7q+ you can capture 4k Raw 60p or Dual UHD 60 prores, ideal for stereoscopic or panoramic capture with an HD Tri-level sync reference.
- UHD or DCI 4k up to 60 fps
- Super 35mm / APS-C (4k:25.5mm diagonal, UHD: 24.2mm diagonal)
- CMOS global electronic shutter
- Quad-Link HD-SDI, Dual-Link 3G-SDI or Quad-Link 3G-SDI outputs
- 10-bit 4:2:2 (Y’Cb’Cr), 4:4:4 (RGB) or RAW (Bayer)
- Gamma, Master pedestal, White clipping offset with adjustable knee function
- Colour Matrix, RGB Offset, Saturation adjustment, Full image control
- RS-485, via RCP, Handheld remote or PC software, cables up to 1000ft
- 10w, 7-19v DC via Hirose 12-pin
- 91.7mm x 91.7mm x 47.7mm (not including lens mount)
- 750g starting weight
- Flare 2k sdi
- Panasonic GH4 R (inc YAGH)
- Panasonic HX-A500
- Marshall CV200
- Marshall CV 150
- GoPro Hero 5
- GoPro Hero 4
- Dji Osmo Stabilised 4k
- and more
Need some help?
Please get in touch for further information and to check on pricing and availability.